Welcome to the Owen Guns Classifieds Advertising Website for used guns. We have developed the Used Guns website to make it very easy for you to advertise your firearms and hunting equipment for sale or to purchase fireams or firearm accessories.
We welcome advertisements for everything required by Shooters, all licenced firearms and services including: second hand guns, rifles, air rifles, shotguns, rifle scopes, target rifles, competition guns, military weapons, lever action rifles, reloading equpment, shooting and hunting accessories, gunsmithing services, hunting trips, spotlights, Gun books, knives and more.
The website will list guns for sale in various categories and also has a “Wanted” category where you can place advertisements for wanted items.
Advertisements run for 3 months and the advertising fee is just AU$10 payable through Paypal secure servers when the advertisement is placed. On completion of the Paypal transaction, click the “RETURN TO STORE” button and your advertisement willl be automatically published. Featured advertisements placing your ad at the top of the page are also available at an extra $10 for 3 months.
Your advertisment can be added by registering at www.owenguns.com/used-guns/wp-login.php?action=register. The system will then send you an email with your username and password to enable you to login and add your advertisements. To add an advertisement, you will need to complete the details and you also have the option of upload a photograph in the advertisement for sale (note, you should reduce the size of your photo first (free software at Google – www.picasa.com or use an online service like www.picnik.com) to a more web friendly size like a maximum of 600 pixels in width/height and a filesize of less than 100 KB preferred.
All Advertisments are displayed for a period of 90 days following successful payment of the $10 advertisng fee through Paypal. Featured advertsisements are $10.00 extra and are payable by Paypal when submitting the advertisement .
How to place an advertisement:
1. First you need to register in website. The system requires your contact details so that you can post an ad and a buyer can contact you. To register, click the “register” text link in the top right hand corner of the page after the “Welcome Visitor” text (If you click the “Post a Classified!” button, a red box will appear with a “Register” link).
2. In the Register screen, add your preferred “Username” and email address and click the “Register” button – the system will then send you an email with a password and a login link. You will need your Username and Password to login.
3. To login, you can click the link in the email or at the website, click the “login” text link in the top right corner of the page.
4. When you have logged in, click the “Post a Classified!” button and you can then simply add the details of your advertisement (make sure you select the right category).
6. After posting your ad, you are presented with a screen showing a Paypal payment button. Click this button to pay for your ad – the payament details are transferred to Paypals secure servers where you can pay by credit card or login to pay with your Payapl account. When your payment has been processed, the Paypal receipt page shows a button to “RETURN TO STORE” – Make sure you click this button and your advertisement will be automatically published.
5. If you want to change or edit your ad, (login in again if you have logged out) click on the text link for “my Dashboard” in the top right hand side of the page.
6. The Dashboard allows you to edit your advertisement, pay for a featured advertisement via Paypal or edit your profile details and change your password etc.
Please contact us if you are having trouble placing your advertisement.
If you forget your password, click on the “Login or Register” link and then click the “forgot Password” link and enter your email address for the system to send you a password.
NOTE. Current Gun Laws have special requirements for advertising firearms or firearm parts. This legislation requires that the seller must provide licence number plus the serial number of the firearm or part. Some other Australian States further requires that advertisements display the name and address of the licensed firearm dealer through which the transfer will be made. Advertisements placed without the correct details will be suspended and may be deleted without refund.
Initial Advertising Categories included in the system are:
– Gun Parts
– Hunting Equipment
– Scopes Optics
– Gun books
Black Powder Guns
— Centrefire to 6.5mm
— Centrefire 270 and above
– Air Rifles
– Left Handed
– Lever Action
If you have difficulty in placing your advertisement, please contact us. Gun owners and Firearms dealers seeking to advertise multiple firearms are invited to ring Ron Owen on 07 5482 5070 to ask about special discounts.
INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ADVERTISED OR LISTED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE OWEN GUNS WEBSITE AT OWENGUNS.COM SITE MAY BE PROVIDED BY OTHER PARTIES AND THEREFORE MAY INCLUDE ERRORS OMISSIONS AND INACCURACIES. OWENGUNS.COM IS A DYNAMIC WEBISTE WHERE CHANGES AND UPDATES ARE FREQUENTLY MADE BY ADVERTISERS AT ANY TIME.
VISITORS ARE ADVISED THAT INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OWENGUNS.COM IS NOT TO BE RELIED UPON WITHOUT OBTAINING PRIOR CONFIRMATION OF CORRECT DETAILS FROM THE OWNER OF THE ADVERTISED GUN. PURCHASERS ARE ADVISED TO MAKE FURTHER ENQUIRIES AND RECEIVE INDEPENDENT ADVICE PRIOR TO ENTERING INTO ARRANGEMENTS TO PURCHASE ITEMS LISTED BY PRIVATE GUN OWNERS
DETAILS OF FIREARM CONDITION ARE PROVIDED BY THE ADVERTISER AT THE TIME OF LISTING – OWEN GUNS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INACCURATE LISTING DESCRIPTIONS. FIREARM DETAILS AND LISTING DESCRIPTIONS ARE TO BE USED AS A GUIDE – DETAILS AND TRANSFER FEES ETC ARE TO BE CONFIRMED WITH THE SELLER PRIOR TO PURCHASE.