Welcome to the Ninety Third Edition of the Owen Guns Bulletin.
STOP PRESS Classified Guns for Sale – ADVERTISE YOUR GUNs HERE. Selling guns so fast than we cannot photograph them and get them up there quick enough. We need yours to sell on Electronic Classifieds! Only $10.00 and you can place three photo’s of your firearm.
Scroll down for more Free Firearm Manuals & New Latest Version of the External Ballistics Calculator for all Components Not Bullet or Powder Brand Specific. Scroll Down to Free Downloads of 160 Electronic Books such as Rifle Marksmanship by U.S. Marine Corps and other manuals. Also Free External Ballistics Calculator NEW VERSION for all Components not Brand Specific.
For a look at some at our other gun rooms please click on the link below. http://www.owenguns.com/gympie-shop/gun-rooms/
PHONE 07 54825070 for the best price and availability of TIKKA, SAKO ,STEYR MANNLICHER, Mossberg, Stoeger, Thompson-Centre, S &W, Colt, Sabatti, Browning, Remington, Marlin, Zastava, CZ, or any other brand you can think of. PHONE 07 54825070. Please Travel Safe and Happy.
Any Inquiries on any products phone 07 54824099 or 07 54825070 or email email@example.com
The Firearm Trade and many local businesses have donated over $20,000. of prizes for this event. This event is very important for three reasons,
One to relieve the pressure of Feral Pigs on Queensland’s Primary Producers,
Two to Raise much Money for The Wandering Warriors, SAS (Queensland) for Veterans and their families,
Three and not the least is to prove to the State Government that Recreational Hunting can solve their problems with Feral animals and so open Queensland Public Land to Hunting.
We have to show the government of Queensland that Victoria (who assesses the interstate income from Hunting at $430 million a year) and NSW are not wrong. That Queensland can benefit greatly.
To do this we need thousands of Hunters nominating from all over our State and we need many hundreds of Feral Pigs at the weigh in to claim their prizes. Help us open the door for hunting on public land. Hunt Feral Pigs on any land where you have permission to hunt.
For Lists of Prizes and Sponsors for Queensland Big Boar Hunting Championships 2014
For Rules of the Queensland Big Boar Hunting Championships 2014
For Nomination Forms for the Queensland Big Boar hunting Championships 2014
Please click the Links above for details
The following letter was forwarded to me by one of our readers, who for the good of us all, took the time to write to his local M.P. and pointed out that under the Weapons Act of 1990
35 Acquisition of weapons
(1) A person may acquire a weapon only if—
(a) the person is a licensed dealer; or
(b) the person is the holder of a permit to acquire the weapon and acquires the weapon—
(c) the person acquires the weapon under other lawful authority, justification or excuse.
We say, that if the Shooter’s licence, where every excuse has to be made to own a firearm, been paid for and granted, that is a lawful authority and that due to this provision the demand for a separate permit to Acquire is an additional imposition and fee (fine) imposed by the Queensland Police. The Dealer registers each transaction with the Police in any event.
Since last years Amnesty, when this fact came to light, as Dealers Registered 22,000 firearms to licences without Permits to Acquire during the three months Amnesty, (with no amendment changes to the provisions of the above section on Acquisitions for this period) I have been in regular communication with the Police Minister Office asking them to relate the provision of the Weapons Act that nullifies the above Section 35 (1) ( c) and legislates the imposition of PTA on all Acquisitions of firearms. To date, they have failed to supply that information. The copies of the following correspondence give more weight to our arm, and the Police Ministers admission that there are 600,000 licences in Queensland is contrary to the previous claims of only 200,000 licences. It seems when the Queensland Police want to justify how busy they are its 600,000 and when they want to make us insignificant as a political force to the media and Members of Parliament they say 200,000.
Please read below.
“Please find below the correspondence between me and my local MP, Trevor Ruthenberg, who forwarded my submission to the police minister.You will see the arrogant reply I had from the police. We must keep up the pressure. I had a meeting with the LNP re-election team last week and I put the case to them that they’re being pretty brave continuing to piss of (by their own count) 600,000 licence holders. Trevor my local MP is putting it forward as a policy suggestion to the Newman Govt. Get a few more MPs on side and this might at last get off the ground.
It’s the waste of time, resources and the cash in the pockets of voters being wasted, and of course I have reminded them that they are committed to the cutting of red tape. Regards, C.”
From: Kallangur Electorate Office [mailto:Kallangur@parliament.qld.gov.au]
Sent: Monday, 2 June 2014 4:04 PM
Subject: FW: Gun Licencing
Please find below the response received from the Office of the Minister for Police, Fire and Emergency.
“Our position on weapons licences has not changed. One thing that will not change is that the Queensland Government will not at any stage be getting rid of the requirement for a permit to acquire under the weapons regulation.
It is not within the Weapons Act, however that does not mean it is not law within Queensland. The weapons licensing panel met only a few weeks ago to discuss reforms.
The right to bear arms does not exist with the Commonwealth of Australia. The disclosure system for weapons dealers is not an adequate alternative to a licensing system. With 600,000 plus licences in Queensland alone, it is simpler for a delegated approving officer under the act (which is police) to approve a weapon or the licence at the time.
A permit to acquire means that someone has a reason to own a weapon, whether it be a target shooter owning a competition weapon, or a primary producer owning a rifle to deal with pests. This is based on our national agreements, and the tenements of the Weapons Act.
The PTA system also allows the QPS to ensure those who commit serious offences between getting a licence and owning a weapon don’t have access, or those with histories of mental illness. It is for the best of the community.
They also wished to assure you that:
· The LNP Government committed to reducing unnecessary red tape for legitimate gun owners
· That is why the Ministerial Weapons Advisory panel was established to listen to the concerns of legitimate gun owners
· Those wishing to own a weapon in Queensland must be registered and also register their weapon
· This can now be done online which could never be done before.
· A weapons licence is for a specific category of weapon, and a PTA is for a specific weapon.
· Permits to Acquire are regulated by weapons regulation
· The Government, QPS and Shooters Union are working cooperatively together on improving the system for legitimate gun owners.”
Hope this helps?
Electorate Officer for Trevor Ruthenberg MP Kallangur.
The Minister of Police, (or those who wrote it for him) are very wrong.
1. The requirement for a permit to acquire is NOT under the Weapons Regulations.
Part 8 Acquiring or selling weapon, only informs people how to go about it, i.e.
55 Applying for permit to acquire.
2. Weapons Act 1990 Section 35 (1) ( c) makes it optional and exempts people with a lawful authority, a licence. (As per the Amnesty, and the fact that if you have a licence you can borrow a firearm from a friend for three months. You don’t need a PTA for that do you?
3. He is wrong when he states, “With 600,000 plus licences in Queensland alone, it is simpler for a delegated approving officer under the act (which is police) to approve a weapon or the licence at the time.” If it was simpler, we would not have to wait months, they could catch up at their time, not at our inconvenience.
4. He is wrong when he states, “This is based on our national agreements, and the tenements of the Weapons Act.” National Agreements are not legislation, the do not bind the people of Queensland in any way, or to put it more correctly. Constitutionally, it would be illegal for people from another country or state to control us. He is wrong again, as it is the Weapons Act 1990 that exempts licence holders from needing a PTA.
5. He is wrong when he says, “allows the QPS to ensure those who commit serious offences between getting a licence and owning a weapon don’t have access, or those with histories of mental illness,”as like a lighting flash the QPS take a shooters licence away as soon as they mentions depression to the doctor, or as soon as the QPS have a suspicion of a crime.
6. He is wrong when he says, “The LNP Government committed to reducing unnecessary red tape” that might have been an election promise but they have done nothing at all to reduce the red tape on Queenslands law abiding firearm owners. The Minister Advisory Panel was set up by the previous Labour Government and has not achieved any positive results since its inception. It is a ‘feel good’, sop to any real change, or lessoning of the impositions inflicted on us all.
7. He is wrong when he says, “This can now be done online which could never be done before.” as the last Labour Government took three years to implementing ‘online applications’ so it is a fraud and improper fo him to try and take credit for it. It also, makes little difference to the facts that they are charging $33. When they should not be doing that and even though the application might be on line, more often than not the licence or PTA will take months for them to process. If by chance a PTA returns in a few days it is like a win on Tattslotto.
8. He is wrong when he says, “The Government, QPS and Shooters Union are working cooperatively together on improving the system for legitimate gun owners.” The Shooters Union have the welfare of the law abiding firearm owners at heart, but the Government and the QPS constantly conspire to inflict further impositions on us all. The QPS want a bigger budget, the want more jobs, more jobs means more promotion, more promotion means more money so the Queensland Police and their Union will grossly hyperbolize all information to ensure that objective.
When it want to minimise the effect of the Firearm Vote to Politicians they have 200,000 shooting licences, when they want to maximise the amount of work to get more staff, or more money they have 600,000 shooting licences. Simple really, but this time they are not just lying to the media, or a shooting body, this time hopefully they have told the truth. As just after this licencing system began in Queensland back in 1997 Inspector Mc Comb OIC weapons branch reported that we had 195,000 shooter licences back then and the Police admit we have had a 16 % increase, it look like the 600,000 figure will be the accurate one. We hope they are telling the truth, as The Police Minister has used it in his letter, not to Mr C.. But to his local Member of Parliament Trevor Ruthenberg MP and lying or just mis- informing parliament is big offence. They get removed from parliament for things like this, and this one is easy to prove. This is a great example of the importance of writing letters, any type of correspondence, or even phone email enquiry through your local Representative, he is paid to Represent you, he has to forward your correspondence or enquiry to the relevant Minister. If he fobs you off and says, ‘write to the Premier, or the Police Minister directly,’ remind him that it his job, to represent his constituents to the Government. It puts another person in the link, in the knowledge that what they are doing is un popular with the voters. Your enquiry is then what is called a Ministerial and it has to be answered within 48 hours by the department. You have more chance of the information you receive being more accurate. They can tell you anything but when they answer through the MP they are in dire jeopardy if it is a lie. They will try and worm there way out of it like the letter above, but you can correct it and go back to your local MP and ask him to reply with your corrections and ask again for the true answers. This helps to educate your local MP as to the perfidy of the source of the information. Then you can relate this in letter to your local papers.
We are going to have an election in 8 months time, at present all MPs are very nervous about losing their seats. They know that the public are very unhappy with the current LibNat government that was elected on the still remembered dis- satisfaction of the Blyth Labour government, so expect that at the next election a big swing to independents and new parties. So now is the time, NO MORE PROMISES, the Libs/Nats have to act and implement good changes to the Weapons Act or suffer the consequences of 600,000 voters and their families and friends. 2,445,815 voted at the last state election, Licenced Shooters could effect over half of them. We are no longer a minority. Ron
The Tikka T3 Lite has an all-black stock and a blued barrel. The light but sturdy T3 True Body fibre glass reinforced polymer stock is pure Sako innovation. The straight stock combines high performance with light weight ease. Positive checkering provides for comfort and firm grip in all weather conditions. In most calibres $985. plus post. Walnut Stocks, Stainless, Heavy barrels also in stock. If you want to order by mail Phone 07 54825070 have your card detail handy.
Armed Under & Over 12 gauge $775.
Armed 12 g Under & Over shotgun, steel receivers, single trigger, ejectors, five interchangeable choke tubes the best value in a, new over and under on the market today. Truly a Turkish gun made with from Italian designs, a Turkish Delight with Italian good taste. $775. Blued or Silver Receivers 28 inch or 30 inch barrels. Also Smaller Action .410 $775. (Full and Modified,) Any Inquiries on any products phone 07 54824099 or 07 54825070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Remington Model 7600 Pump Action .308 w 22 inch barrel. $1350. Any Inquiries on any products phone 07 54824099 or 07 54825070 or email email@example.com
Any Inquiries on any products phone 07 54824099 or 07 54825070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
OWEN GUNS THE BEST PRICES FOR RIFLE SCOPES IN AUSTRALIA.
Tasco 4x 32 Silver Antler Rifle Scope Thirty years ago we would have paid a $1000. for the same quality of vision and precision, a guaranteed leading optical manufacturer who warranties their products all over the World. They have a light gathering clarity that would have made those old dark Pecar’s appear like looking through a knot hole in fathers wooden leg. What’s more they are Waterproof. In 1970 during a storm in the Victorian mountains I can remember emptying my Pecar like a jug. It had a steel tube but it leaked like a sieve. I was so disappointed I hunted Samba for years with open sites as I wanted reliability. I took the low priced option then and will always follow that example, at this price I could afford to buy a spare one. $50. plus postage. To enquire about any product in our newsletter or website, send an email to email@example.com
To subscribe to this newsletter add your email address to the Newsletter sign up field in the right menu column. FREE FOR ELECTRONIC DOWNLOAD Here is a free Christmas Present a Free book, Download this Book the ‘US Army Pistol Trials 1907. http://www.forgottenweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/manuals/1907pistoltrials.pdf
To get more free books from Owen Guns go to Owen Guns Facebook http://www.facebook.com/OwenGunsCLICK the ‘LIKE’ button, in the top centre of the page, or the site will not interact with you. Then you can add, articles, web pages, video’s, photos etc.
To Download The Ballistic Calculator and the Free Books and Manuals Click on this Large Blue Button
Already there are 164 titles there available for you to download, and more will be up there as soon as time permits. To enquire about any product in our newsletter or website, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe to this newsletter add your email address to the Newsletter sign up field in the right menu column.
This Newsletter is published by Owen Guns 24 McMahon Road, Gympie Ph: 07 5482 5070. If you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, click Unsubscribe to have your email address automatically removed from our email list.
1881 total views, 1 today